It’s not often we’ll make pancakes, but when we do, we want to have really good ones. Box mixes just don’t cut for us. So Colleen, tried several recipes and hit upon this one from Trish’s website called Mom On Timeout. It’s an awesome recipe that deletes our taste buds each and every time. So, get to the store and buy that buttermilk!
Often when we try a new recipe, we wind up altering it a fair amount to our tastes. This one we haven’t change one bit as it’s perfect in our opinions. To go directly to this recipe (and others!) follow this link.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl or, as I frequently do, a large glass measuring cup.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract just until combined. Some small lumps are okay.
- Let pancake batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray OR brush with butter or oil.
- Ladle 1/3 – 1/2 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Flip the pancakes over when small bubbles appear on the surface and continue cooking on the opposite side until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
- While I stated that we haven’t changed this recipe, we do add to it. Items such as blueberries, chocolate chips, and other yummy additions, work very well with this one. Of course the standard butter and maple syrup are delish! On that note, do yourself a favor and spring for real maple syrup!
I will give it a try!
Sent from my iPhone
Pingback: The BEST Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes — The Walczak Family Recipe Collection | My Meals are on Wheels