Dad was busy, busy, busy with submitting recipes for 2018. This is our Mom’s recipe she made when we were growing up.
- 1 ½ lbs ground round or ground chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large can of tomatoes, whole, diced, or crushed
- 2 small cans of tomato paste
- 1 small can of water to rinse cans of paste
- 5 or 6 bay leaves
- 4 or 5 dried red peppers
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- salt to taste
- Brown meat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for four to six hours stirring frequently. Remove bay leaves and peppers before serving.
(Make extra noodles for Tracy cuz she didn’t like tomato sauce of any kind when she was little. And don’t forget the butter for the noodles.)