Dad is quite the cook and enjoys trying new recipes. Here’s another one for the 2018 recipe collection from him.
- 3 lbs Ground Round
- ½ cup onion
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 – 13 oz can tomatoes
- 2 – 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt for the sauce (omitted most of this)
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oil for browning meat if needed
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ lb parmesan cheese shredded
- Brown meat and onions, add seasonings.
- Mix cheese together.
- Spread layer of meat sauce in 10×12 baking dish. Cover with lasagna noodles, 1/3 of cheese mixture. Repeat ending with meat sauce on top.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until bubbling.