This recipe is from a good friend’s wife, Connie. It’s a simple recipe that goes together quickly. We’ve made it a couple of times and it’s a hit every time! I know that I have to stay away from it, otherwise I’m shoveling the stuff down my throat! Definitely yummy! Make some and let me know what you think about it.
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 (10 ounces) can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder, or more to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Stir sausage, diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, cream cheese, sour cream, and chipotle chile powder together in a bowl; spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the sausage mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
- For more heat, use a spicier version of Rotel or dice up a jalapeno and cook it with the sausage.