Tracy included this cookie recipe in the 1998 edition of the family recipe collection. I must be honest. This cookie wasn’t one of my favorites. Maybe it’s because they seemed too dry to me. Not sure if that’s accurate anymore as it’s been so long since I had one. It also occurs to me that you could take care of the dryness by drizzling some rum or bourbon on them. Would that add to the Christmas cheer?
- 1/2 pound butter – softened
- 5 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- Cream butter and add sugar, vanilla, and water.
- Sift flour and salt together and stir into mixture.
- Add nuts and mix thoroughly.
- Using portions about the size of a walnut, roll into crescent-shaped cookies.
- Bake in a slow oven at 325° for about 20 minutes.
- While warm, roll in powdered sugar.