Another recipe from 1998. I don’t remember this bread from my childhood years. I’m guessing this is one Tracy really likes and added it to the family recipe collection. I may need to give it a go.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1-1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Add oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar and maple flavoring. Continue beating at a high speed until mixture is very thick and fluffy.
- With a spoon, stir in zucchini and carrots.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, wheat germ, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and walnuts.
- Blend into zucchini mixture just until flour is no longer visible.
- our batter into a well-greased loaf pan. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 1 hour.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn onto a wire rack to cool
I have a hard time finding wheat germ. You may consider using oat bran. I have not tried this but I am fairly confident that it will be a satisfactory substitute. Also, you might want to try using sunflower nuts instead of walnuts. It gives it just a little bit different flavor. I love this bread!
Pingback: 1998 Christmas Recipes | The Walczak Family Recipe Collection