The youngest of my three sisters, Tracy, has gone on an Instant Pot (IP) bender of late. Don’t get me wrong, we enjoy using our IP just like Tracy! I just like kidding her.
Tracy also provided some commentary that’s include in the Notes section below.
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts small, left whole, washed and cleaned
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Butter melted
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- toasted walnuts (optional)
- 1.5 cups water for the Instant Pot
- Put 1.5 cups of water into the Instant Pot. Place a steamer rack in the pot. Place the brussels sprouts and cranberries in a steamer basket and place the basket on the rack. Alternatively, if your steamer basket has little legs to hold it off the bottom of the pan, omit the steamer rack.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 3 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, release all pressure immediately.
- Tip the brussels sprouts and cranberries into a bowl. Add in the melted butter, marmalade, salt, and cayenne and toss to mix. Serve hot.
Notes from Tracy
I made these for Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone loved them! Some of my guests hadn’t even had Brussel Sprouts and others previously didn’t like Brussel Sprouts. Everyone loved them! This is a super easy recipe for the Instant Pot. However, if you don’t cook with an IP, you can do this in a steamer pot. Don’t cook the sprouts in the water but instead use a two-pot steamer. Cut the sprouts in half for faster cooking and as they are about halfway to tender, add the cranberries to the basket. Then cook until the sprouts are done to your liking. Follow the rest of the directions for the sauce etc. Do not cook the sprouts in the sauce.