We do love a great grilled steak. Adding a nice mushroom sauce to it, gives it just a bit more flavor to make it even tastier.
This recipe we found on Real Simple and gave it a try. Yep, this one is a keeper so we posted it on our blog for easier access to the recipe.
If you want to see the original post, follow this link to check it out.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound mushrooms (we use baby portobellos), thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushroom slices and cook until they release their juices and soften, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the juices evaporates.
- Add the wine and rosemary. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour or spoon the sauce over your grilled steak.