Here’s the tzatziki recipe referenced in our turkey burger recipe. It’s a simple recipe but tastes so good.
As normal, we added the source recipe slightly to our liking. For the original recipe, please follow this link to the Cookie + Kate website for not only this recipe but many other yummy ones!
- 1 cups grated cucumber (from about 1/2 english english cucumber, no need to peel or seed the cucumber first, grate on the large holes of your box grater)
- ¾ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint and/or dill
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Working with one big handful at a time, lightly squeeze the grated cucumber between your palms over the sink to remove excess moisture. Transfer the squeezed cucumber to a serving bowl, and repeat with the remaining cucumber.
- Add the yogurt, olive oil, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, and salt to the bowl, and stir to blend. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Taste and add additional chopped fresh herbs, lemon juice, and/or salt, if necessary (I thought this batch was just right as-is).
- Serve tzatziki immediately or chill for later. Leftover tzatziki keeps well, chilled, for about 4 days.
Pingback: Greek Turkey Burgers with Spinach, Feta & Tzatziki | The Walczak Family Recipe Collection