Banana bread… Nothing says it’s Christmas like the smell of freshly baked banana bread.
From my youngest days, I have fond memories of Mom making loaf after loaf of bread. It was a tradition to have banana bread before we opened presents. This is a tradition that I carried on in my home as my children were growing up. I still enjoy making the bread and really enjoy eating it!
This recipe is a good one with nice even measurements. Enjoy!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup butter – softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs – room temp
- 2 cups flour – sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup maraschino cherries
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ chopped walnuts
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla
- Add eggs and combine
- Mash bananas in a bowl and add to mixture
- Add flour and baking soda mixture
- Fold in cherries, nuts, and chocolate chips
- Pour into greased mini loaf pans
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Be careful to not over bake!
- You can just through everything into the bowl except for the cherries, nuts, and chips and mix it up.