- 1 inch thick, center cut, bone-in pork chops Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Rosemary or herb of your choice
- Create brine by dissolving 2 1⁄2 tablespoons of salt in 1 cup of boiling water. Then, add another 2 cups of water to bring the temperature down. Submerge the chops into the brine and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Pre-heat a cast iron skillet in the oven to 400º.
- Discard the brine and pat the chops dry.
- Rub chops with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place onto the stove top.
- Place chops into hot pan and sear until nicely brown, about 3 minutes.
- Flip chops and place pan into the oven, roast for 6-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 145º.
- Remove pan from oven and allow chops to rest inside the pan, tented with foil, for 5-minutes.