Dad submitted several recipes for the 2018 collection. Here’s an easy and quick soup recipe.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 med red or white onion, diced
- 1 or 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 4 packets HERB-OX sodium free granulated chicken bouillon
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 ½ cups diced or shredded pre-cooked chicken or turkey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, red bell pepper, garlic, and poblano pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Pour in water and chicken broth packets and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add corn and simmer for 3 minutes longer. Stir in the meat of your choice and simmer until heated through. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Garnish with cilantro.