Another one submitted by our Dad for the 2018 Christmas Collection. This one came from The Creative Bite. If you follow the link, she has a great video and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare this treat.
- 1 c. oatmeal
- 1/3 c. almonds chopped
- 1/3 c. sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed optional
- 1/2 c. nut butter peanut or almond are both good
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/3 c. dried cranberries roughly chopped
- Bake oatmeal, almonds and coconut for 8-10 minutes at 350°, stirring after 5 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl microwave the nut butter for 20-30 seconds until runny, add the baked mix along with flaxseed, honey, chia seeds and cranberries to the bowl. Form into 1.5″ balls and refrigerate. Store in an airtight container refrigerated for up to one week or freezer for 3 months.
Pingback: 2018 Christmas Recipes | The Walczak Family Recipe Collection