Chicken Soup. One of life’s great comfort foods. Tracy gives us a great variation of this classic soup as part of the 2016 recipe collection. Not only does it have kale but she used Better than Bouillon! Love that stuff!
Submitted by Tracy and Vern
- 1/2 gallon vegetable broth
- 1 full chicken breast cooked and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons dill
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 leaves kale, chopped
- 4 oz. spinach, sliced and diced
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup chopped Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Better than Bouillon to taste
- In a large soup pot, add broth and spices. Cook the chicken in the broth.
- While that is cooking, sauté onions, garlic, carrots, and celery. Add the sautéed vegetables to the pot.
- Add spinach, cabbage, tomatoes, and kale.
- Add bouillon. Simmer for a few minutes until carrots yield to the fork poke and kale is somewhat softened but still bright green.
Good with feta cheese sprinkled on top.