I enjoy kimchi which is interesting considering spicy was not something we had in our food growing up in north central Wisconsin.
This recipe is very quick and quite tasty. I snagged the recipe from my goto Korean recipe site Seonkyoung Longest. Here’s the link to the recipe on her site.
Author: Seonkyoung Longest
- 3 Persian cucumbers or 1 English cucumber, cut into ¼” thin ring slices, medium diced or 1 1/2” long sticks (approximately 2¼ cups)
- 1 Red chili, seeded and julienne
- ½ cup Buchu (garlic chive) cut into 1” long pieces
- A handful of shredded carrots
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon. Gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon. White vinegar
- 1 to 1½ tablespoons Sugar
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and toss with your hand until Gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes give the dish beautiful red color all around.
- Keep it in a refrigerator and serve cold.
- The carrots are not in the original recipe. I think they add flavor and looks good.
- I generally put all the ingredients in a glass storage container. Simply combine everything and store in the fridge.
- I should put in the buchu but seldom do so. It still tastes great!
Calories: 221 Fat: 2g Saturated fat: 1g Unsaturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 51g Sugar: 27g Sodium: 1439mgFiber: 7g Protein: 9g
Pingback: 2019 Christmas Recipes | The Walczak Family Recipe Collection