Here’s another one from my sister Wanda that she submitted for the 2019 Christmas recipe collection. The source for this recipe is Tory Avey. Her website can be found by following this link. And by following this link, you’ll head directly to the recipe with all of the good stuff like photos and more commentary on how to make this delicious dish.
- 8 lb. whole seedless watermelon, chilled (about 12 cups of cubed fruit) 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese (sheep’s milk feta preferred)
- Note: This salad is best made just prior to serving. Prepare one hour or less before your meal.
- Cut rind from the watermelon, then chop the fruit into 1 inch chunks. Place chunks in a colander to drain as your chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, fresh lime juice, salt, and black pepper to create a dressing.
- Place watermelon in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing and chopped mint over the watermelon and toss gently to coat. Pour the crumbled feta into the salad bowl and stir gently to integrate the cheese into the salad. Serve.
Pingback: 2019 Christmas Recipes | The Walczak Family Recipe Collection