This easy Chicken Cordon Bleu is from Skinnytaste. We’ve adopted it to the point it’s really not the skinny version. Oh, well! It’s still a family favorite stuffed with ham and melted cheese.
Baked, not fried and easy to make, no toothpicks required!
Total Time: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
All images and text ©Gina Homolka for Skinnytaste
- Cooking spray
- 12 thin sliced (36 oz total) skinless boneless chicken breasts, 3 oz each
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 5 oz (6 slices) thinly sliced lean deli ham, sliced in half
- 6 slices (4.4 oz) Swiss cheese, cut in half or use a rectangular chunk of swiss for each
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry the chicken cutlets; lightly pound the chicken to make thinner and lightly season with salt and black pepper.
- Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of ham on top of the chicken, then the cheese and roll, setting them aside seam side down.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with water to make an egg wash.
- In another medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic, cayenne pepper parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken onto the baking sheet seam side down. Spray the top of the chicken with more cooking spray and bake about 25 minutes, or until cooked.