Submitted by Grandpa Ed from Diamond Nuts Cookbook
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup milk
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 cup of Diamond Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
6 tbsp brown sugar
6 tbsp Diamond Walnuts or Pecans 3/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9×5-inch pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the coconut oil, applesauce, milk, eggs, and granulated sugar. 3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
4. Add the wet ingredient and the chopped walnuts or pecans and stir to combine.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the topping ingredients until well combined. Sprinkle evenly over the bread batter. 7. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan before removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Note: Grandpa suggests chopping the nuts very fine for the topping and also recommends the addition of butter or margarine to the topping.