from Dave and Colleen
We love chopped salad. This one is a good one to take to a party as it looks great with the layers. It’s so good looking that at one party we attended and brought it, no one wanted to dig in and mess it up!
- 3 red bell peppers
- 3 yellow peppers
- 2 seedless cucumbers
- 1 red onion
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces frozen peas
- 1 bag romaine lettuce
- 1 pound cooked bacon
- 4 fresh chives
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 2 green onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons leaf parsley
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
1. Dice the red peppers, yellow peppers, and red onion.
2. Slice the cucumbers and tomatoes.
3. In a mason jar, add in all of the ingredients for the dressing and process on low speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Cover and chill until use. Refrigerate any unused dressing for up to 2 weeks.
4. In a large clear bowl, layer the salad vegetables in the following order: romaine lettuce, tomatoes, yellow peppers, cucumbers, red onion, red peppers, peas, cheese, bacon, and chives. Serve salad with dressing on the side.
5. Tip: As an alternative presentation, layer salad into individual Bell jars for guests to enjoy
Original Recipe is located here.